Sunday, May 26, 2013

vietnam (1)

Hello! So, I was away with my family at Vietnam and it was my first trip where I learned how to be a bit responsible. I paid for my share of the flight and hotel. And for shopping, i had to use MY money. I have absolutely no complains because this is what being an adult feels like, right?

DAY 01

When we first stepped into Vietnam, i realized how clueless i was with the place! I didn't even know how to say hello in Vietnamese!!! And BOY, traffic was crazy over there. There was barely any traffic lights so you had to be brave when walking down the road.



This place is called Ben Thanh (or something). It is pronounced something like Ben Ten but not really. It is sort of a supermarket and it sold a HUGE variety of items, from fish to Vans shoes. The only thing I bought from this place was a pair of Apple headphones which costed me about SGD12.  Almost everything sold in Vietnam is crazy cheap!

We didn't do much on the first day, just lots of walking and breathing in the new atmosphere. Oh and let me tell you, the sun was intense! I'm pretty sure I got darker after only 4 days.

At night, the roads along Ben Thanh was quickly set up to a huge pasar malam!



I bought myself this wall decor for SGD 6 which now hangs neatly next to my polaroids and painting.



More on Vietnam soon! :-)


Singaporean, lover of words.
ask.fm / tumblr / twitter

alternatively, you can email me at raudhah.hanafiah@gmail.com

labels: fiction, outfits, significant other